I’m a Perdue Farms Brand Ambassador, and all content expressed here about this Fresh Summer Pasta with Corn and Tomatoes Recipe is my own. I may be compensated for sales through my affiliate networks.
One of the fun things about cooking is trying to recreate delicious dishes I’ve been served in restaurants around the world. To be honest, I cannot remember where I first tasted this summer pasta dish. What I do remember is how flavorful and fresh it tasted. When I got back home, I immediately jotted down the flavors and ingredients I could remember. From there I just winged the rest. That’s how this easy Fresh Summer Pasta with Corn and Tomatoes recipe was created!
Summer is always a bounty of fresh vegetables. In my family’s Sicilian tradition, we cooked with whatever was available and in season. A quick trip to your local farmers market will fill you with ideas about different seasonal dishes to cook up.
Add Chicken for a Healthy Protein Boost
When you make this Fresh Summer Pasta with Corn and Tomatoes recipe, you can choose to add chicken for a protein boost. I always use products from Perdue Farms because I can attest to their high quality standards and humane practices. For this recipe, I recommend the Perdue Harvestland Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins. I buy these in a 3-pack and pop them in the freezer for recipes just like this one.
If you’d like to stock up on this and other beautiful meats from Perdue Farms, use my affiliate code to order!
Fresh Summer Pasta with Corn and Tomatoes Recipe
In the case of this pasta dish, the farm-fresh ears of corn and juicy red cherry tomatoes were calling to me. I knew it was time to pull out this recipe and share it with you!
- Approximately 1 pound of Perdue Harvestland Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins, roasted and cut or shredded into 2-inch strips
- 1 1/2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large ear of fresh corn, cooked and kernels cut from cob
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- ½ cup white wine
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pound pappardelle pasta noodles
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- Parmesan cheese
- Fill a large pot half full with water and 1 tablespoon of salt, and set on high to boil.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat, reserving rest for later. Add shallots and garlic, cooking until tender – about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and corn, stirring gently to mix. Slowly add chicken broth, cream and wine and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add cooked chicken, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and remove from heat.
- Add pasta to boiling water and stir gently to avoid sticking. Cook pasta for 6-7 minutes until al dente and drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
- Return pasta to pot and add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and reserved pasta water to keep the noodles from sticking.
- Carefully pour cream sauce mixture into pot over noodles. Add basil and mix all ingredients gently to combine.
Serve in large bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Do You Like Pasta Recipes?
If you like this Fresh Summer Pasta with Corn and Tomatoes recipe, here are a couple of other pasta recipes you should try!