By Patti Werry from Dinner’s Gonna Be a Little Late Tonight! — Although I love to cook, try new recipes and fine dining, pizza is honestly one of my favorite foods. Maybe it goes back to my college days, ordering Domino’s Pizza while pulling an all nighter. Or the first time my sister turned me on to anchovies on pizza, or Hawaiian pizza – how crazy yet delicious is the combo of ham and pineapple? Making it at home is another story. I came up with this fast and easy flatbread pizza recipe to make for a quick weeknight dinner. It’s been a huge hit with my family and friends!
While I still love a classic sausage and mushroom, my maturing taste has skewed to lighter and more sophisticated flavors. This fast and easy flatbread pizza recipe is an example of that trend. It is delicious, and best of all fast and easy to make. You can use store bought ingredients to speed up the process for a quick weeknight meal. Or make your own for a more impressive spin. It makes a great appetizer or add a salad and you have dinner ready to go.
Flatbread Pizza Recipe with Prosciutto, Goat Cheese & Arugula
Get ready to impress your dinner mates! My fast and easy flatbread pizza recipe is sure to be a big hit in your house too.
Ingredients for Fast and Easy Flatbread Pizza Recipe
- Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough (or use Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, or make your own!)
- 1/2 cup Pesto sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 2 ounces Goat cheese
- 3-4 pieces of Prosciutto, sliced into one-inch strips or torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh Arugula
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinaigrette (I like to use Newman’s Own Lite Balsamic or – you guessed it – make your own!)
Instructions for Fast and Easy Flatbread Pizza Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Roll out dough onto rectangular baking sheet. Shape into a thin rectangle and pinch edges to make a crust
- Precook dough for 8 minutes.
- While the dough is cooking, slice prosciutto into bite size pieces.
- When the dough is precooked, remove from oven.
- Spread pesto on the crust to taste. Drop dollops of goat cheese over the crust, and place prosciutto slices among the goat cheese.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and return to oven to complete cooking for 6 – 10 minutes or until crust is dark golden brown.
- While pizza is finishing cooking toss arugula with balsamic vinaigrette
- When pizza is done, remove from oven and top with arugula
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting into rectangles.
This fast and easy flatbread pizza recipe can be served as an entree or appetizer depending on the size of the slices.
As we know you can put practically anything on pizza! Another favorite flatbread is a Mediterranean style combination. Top the pesto base with artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, Feta cheese and sun dried or fresh tomatoes. Yum!
Serve with our Famous Margarita
Our fast and easy flatbread pizza recipe tastes delicious when served with our Easy Handcrafted Margarita recipe. Try them together!