I am a Perdue Farms Brand Ambassador and this post on our recipe for Chipotle Steak Bowl with Black Beans and Quinoa was written in partnership with them, however the ideas expressed here are our own. I may receive compensation from affiliate links.
Every once in a while we want to make something easy for dinner. Of course we are still going to prepare it and not heat up a frozen meal for our family. It’s just that the thought of making something elaborate for dinner can be exhausting. That’s why this recipe for Chipotle Steak Bowl with Black Beans and Quinoa is such a favorite of ours. It’s easy, delicious and nutritious.
This recipe serves up some authentic South-of-the-Border flavors. Not too spicy but with some punch, this bowl covers a lot of bases. It’s hearty enough to be served as a meal. It’s also light enough to be easy on the tummy without overfilling anyone.
For the beef, we recommend using Panorama Organic Grass-Fed Sirloin Steaks from Perdue Farms. The steak is lean, tender and flavorful and perfect for grilling. Plus you can order it directly from Perdue Farms to be delivered right to your door. Use my affiliate code for special offers and free shipping on orders of $159.99 or more!
Recipe for Chipotle Steak Bowl with Black Beans and Quinoa
Using a combination of fresh and canned ingredients, this dish comes together in a snap.
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle Chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (5-ounce) Panorama Organic Grass-Fed Sirloin Steaks
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon adobe sauce from canned chipotle chiles in adobe sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- One red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mini heirloom tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- One ripe avocado, sliced
Instructions to Make Recipe for Chipotle Steak Bowl with Black Beans and Quinoa
- Heat a grill pan or barbecue over medium high heat. Combine 1 teaspoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, chipotle Chile powder and black pepper. Brush over steaks. Grill steaks two minutes on each side for medium or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes.
- While steak is resting, whisk together remaining 4 teaspoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, orange juice, vinegar, adobe sauce, cumin and honey in a large bowl. Stir in quinoa, beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, cilantro and spinach, toss to coat.
- Cut steaks diagonally across the grain into thin slices and cut slices into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Divide quinoa mixture evenly among four bowls. Top evenly with steak and avocado. Sprinkle with feta.
Can be served immediately or make the steak ahead of time and serve at room temperature.